POS Logix Ltd. (“POS Logix”) must collect information about customers in order to carry out its business operations as an IT software and services provider.
POS Logix will strive to observe the law in all aspects of handling data and will only use data for legitimate purposes.
POS Logix will maintain due care in processing data. POS Logix will ensure data is timely, accurate, and secure, and subscribe to the principles of confidentiality, integrity and availability of data.
The Company Director will be responsible for the oversight of these principles. In this case, POS Logix is the sole Data Controller (“the Controller”) and the Data Processors are Xero Ltd., GoCardless Ltd and TaxAssist Accountants.
Handling of personal data is a sensitive issue and POS Logix employees will not disclose data without the consent of the data subject or without legal, operational or contractual bases. Where data is disclosed to other agencies a contract exists for the transfer of this data.
Under the General Data Protection Legislation (GDPR), data subjects have rights which POS Logix will facilitate and guard. They are as follows:
- The Right to be Informed - subjects should understand the data they are submitting and how it will be processed
- The Right of Access - subjects should have access to their data that is held by the Data Controller, if they request it
- The Right to Rectification - subjects can request that incorrect personal data be rectified
- The Right to Erasure (a.k.a. The “Right to be Forgotten”) - subjects can request the erasure of their personal data if there are no legitimate grounds for the Controller to retain it
- The Right to Portability - the Data Controller should move the subject’s data to another controller for further use
- The Right to Object - subjects can object to the processing of their data if they suspect the grounds for doing so are not legitimate
In this instance, we are collecting your information for the purposes of billing and responding to customer service requests. POS Logix will process this data because we have legitimate and legal bases for doing so.
For sales enquiries, we are collecting your information for purposes of gathering requirements and responding to sales enquiries only.
You may withdraw your consent for POS Logix to process your data at any time.
Please note that if the required information is not provided, we will not be able to provide our business services to you.
The data captured on this website or any other company owned website or IT system will only be accessible to those internal POS Logix staff whom access is deemed necessary.
The data will be stored in POS Logix’s own on-site Databases, Xero Ltd. and GoCardless Ltd. Accounting systems. These systems are secure and will not be accessed by any unauthorised person(s).
POS Logix will retain this information so that it can fulfil the outlined reasons for processing this data. For further information regarding retention periods and retention criteria, see our Data Retention Policy.
Data subjects have the right to lodge a complaint with POS Logix's supervisory authority - the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) - and this can be done online via this link - https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/
POS Logix Ltd. does not use automated decision-making or profiling in any of its data processing activities.
The information provided by the client or prospective client will only be held in the named 3rd parties listed above and not stored in countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) or European Union (EU), with the exception of
Xero Ltd. whom hosts its Accounting IT systems in the United States, using AWS data centres that are GDPR compliant.